Local Record Centres
CCW supports a network of four Local
Record Centres (LRCs) in Wales. The network aims to provide an
efficient and effective biodiversity information service for the
whole of Wales.
See foot of page for links.
Local Rcord Centres:
- Act as the main local source of biological information for the
public, planning authorities, government agency staff, partner
organisations, landowners, developers and the voluntary
- Provide specific services and reports tailored to suit users
- Support individual recorders and small societies and provide a
means to securely hold and share their data.
- Disseminate data and information taking account of data
- Act as data custodians for CCW, managing a master copy of
biodiversity data held by Regional offices.